- Flowers: Straton Hall
- Catering + Venues: The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
- Ceremony: Retreat
- Reception: Delegal
- DJ: Island Sound
- Officiant: Tracy Brisson
- Coordinator: Heather Marshall
- Cake: Cathy Huber Cakes
- All photos provided courtesy of John Krivec of St. Simons Photography
Posts Tagged ‘Reception Venues’
When looking at wedding or reception venues, use these details to help plan a blissful event!
1. Weather. Mother Nature is an uncontrollable force. Prior to booking a venue for the ceremony and reception, be sure to inquire about the resort or event hall’s weather contingency policy. In the event of bad weather conditions, make sure the wedding venue will accommodate the ceremony and reception indoors.
2. Proximity to other venues. When researching destination wedding locations, evaluate the proximity to stadiums, concert arenas or racetracks, where the sound or traffic could potentially sour or upstage the occasion.
3. Additional fees. Hotels, resorts and destination weddings charge fees for an assortment of services, in addition to the space rental. Here is a short list of budgetary, fee-related questions to pose:
- Is there a butler fee for hors d’oeuvres service?
- Is there a fee for guest parking? Is valet parking available?
- Does the wedding venue require a deposit in advance? How much?
- Does the destination wedding charge a set up fee for the ceremony and or venue?
- Is there a dance floor or stage set up fee?
- Are there are bar set up fees, bar minimums, or service fees?
4. Rehearsal dinner. Inquire whether the venue has availability for the rehearsal dinner and what type of fees apply.
5. Attire. An oceanfront wedding may not call for the same wardrobe requirements as a church or place of worship. This presents an opportunity to enhance traditional attire with something unconventional. If you are hosting a wedding outdoors, plan out the logistics of walking through the sand or grass, and the comfort of your guests.
Looking at photos from real weddings can give you inspiration on attire and decorations and get you thinking about the little details. Check out photo galleries from real beach weddings at The King and Prince!