Networking is something that you either love or hate. If it is not your forte, it can be hard to go to a meeting or convention and meet new contacts and network while you are there. We have hosted a lot of meetings at The King and Prince and have some helpful tips:
5. Tweet your heart out– Most large conventions or events have an event hashtag. Use it to your advantage! Tweet while you are at the events (and even when you are not) about anything and everything. The view, the food, the content in the seminars, tweet about your favorite presenters and little nuggets of wisdom that you hear along the way. These can all help you connect with other attendees.
4. Get out of your hotel room– In case you haven’t noticed, it is kind of hard to meet and connect with others if you are spending too much time in your hotel room. Get out and enjoy yourself! Whether you are at the bar, at the pool or out and about in the local area, you are sure to run into some people you can network with.
3. Bring business cards– Be sure to not only bring business cards with you to the meeting but also keep them on you no matter where you go. You never know when you’ll run into someone worth knowing and if you’ve got a business card to give out, it makes it that much easier for you to keep in touch with each other!
2. Get out of your comfort zone– Try something new, sit at the bar instead of eating in your room, start a conversation with someone, these are all simple ways to get out of your comfort zone, try something new and maybe even meet a few people you normally wouldn’t have met!
1. Smile– It really is as simple as that. When you smile, you are more approachable AND it will put you in a better mood!
For more information and tips on meetings, visit our website.