Let’s just say it. Meetings can be boring. Most of us have sat through a day or two of 9-5 meetings that lose our interest and make it hard to concentrate or retain the information we are there to learn. But who said that meetings had to be this way? Why not spice it up or better yet-get out of the boardroom for a bit! Here are some ways to increase attendee participation, retention of information and, have some FUN!
- Team Building Activities: Create a scavenger hunt around town or around the resort. If you are planning a destination meeting or convention, this is a great way for participants to tour the area and connect with other participants at the same time. No time for a scavenger hunt? Save a little time for a fun game during the day. Our favorite is “Minute to Win It”.
- Sample The Local Cuisine: For small meetings, we recommend that you go off property once for lunch or dinner. Ask the resort’s sales team or concierge to give you some recommendations on area restaurants. Our recommendations for St. Simons Island are Crabdaddys, Delaney’s Bistro and Southern Soul Barbeque.
- Hit The Golf Course: Spend the morning at the local golf course (or, if you are at The King and Prince, head out to The King and Prince Golf Course). Create a little competition and have a tournament. If you don’t have time for a full 18 holes, cut it down to 9. Either way, the fresh air will do you good.
- Get In Touch With Your Inner Chef: Spice things up for your attendees with a cooking demonstration from a local chef. It might get their creative juices flowing and the best part? You get to taste the finished product.
- Create Some Friendly Competition: Put together a game of softball or volleyball. Give the winners a trophy and bragging rights for a year! Next year, they can fight to keep the title. It will give everyone something to look forward to for next year and a little friendly competition is good.