Sometimes it seems like the moment you say “yes” everyone starts throwing questions and tips at you and it never seems to stop! Planning a wedding can be both memorable and stressful and there are a million things that you need to remember to do. Here is our list of the top 5 things many brides forget to do when planning their wedding.
5. Set up a wedding website- It may sound cheesy, but if you set up a simple (and easy to make) wedding site, you can direct people there if they have questions about your registry, need directions to the church, etc. It really can save your sanity and it’s such a simple solution!
4. Reserve a block or rooms at a hotel for your guests- Even if most of your guests are local, it is always a good idea to set up a block of rooms at more than one hotel. If you are having your reception at a resort, be sure to set up a block of rooms there as well so your guests have the option to take the elevator home. Usually, hotels will not charge you to set aside a few rooms for your guests which means there is no extra cost to you for this convenience.
3. Designate someone to be responsible for your “belongings” the day of your wedding- Believe us when we say that you will have a million different things on your mind on your wedding day. Make sure to designate the maid of honor or another friend to look after your things. She can keep your cell phone, lipstick and anything else you may need safe and close by for when you need it….without you having to carry it around or worry about it.
2. Break in your wedding shoes- There is nothing worse than wearing brand new shoes for 5+ hours straight! Break your shoes in by wearing them around the house during the last few weeks before your wedding. Your feet will thank us later.
1. Be present on your wedding day- With so much going on during your wedding day, it is so easy for everything to become a blur. This is your “once in a lifetime” wedding! Don’t let this day pass you by without you remembering most of it due to stress. Remember to take a little time for you and later on with your husband as well. Remember to be in the moment and enjoy every moment of this special day. There will be plenty of photographs but those wonderful memories last so much longer.