It’s hard to believe that 2015 is right around the corner. Since it is the holiday season and we know that many engagements happen this time of the year, we thought we would close 2014 and start 2015 with some wisdom from our wedding experts.
5. Set a budget: There are so many important aspects to planning a wedding but if you do not set a budget, you really cannot plan accordingly and can get yourself into sticky situations as far as your finances are concerned. One of the first decisions you should make about your wedding is your budget. After that big decision is made, you can really start planning for your wedding.
4. It is never too early to shop for bridal gowns: It can take brides several months to find the perfect dress for their big day. Add to that the time (and a lot of it) that it takes for alterations, and you’ll understand why we recommend starting to look for a dress sooner rather than later. There is nothing worse than rushing to make a huge decision. Go early, bring a few friends or family members with you and have fun! We recommend starting to look at least 9 months in advance.
3. Hire a planner: If you have money in the budget, we suggest hiring a planner for your big day. They will take care of a lot of last minute details that can stress out a bride. They will make sure that your day is perfect in every way possible and you won’t have to worry about the caterer showing up late or fielding phone calls about electrical outlets.
2. Consider getting married at a resort: Your wedding day can be hectic. Out of town guests usually stay at a hotel, your wedding ceremony is at one place, the reception is at another….it adds up to a lot of extra time spent driving for you and your guests. When you have your wedding at a resort, you are just steps away from the ceremony and reception. You don’t have to worry about your guests getting lost or drinking and driving and you have one point of contact for everything. Read more about resort weddings here.
1. Add some of your personality to the day: We’ve all been to weddings and we know how amazing they can be and also how bland some can be. Don’t have a bland wedding! There are so many ways you can add personality to the day! If you have a dog, incorporate them into the ceremony. Write your own vows, use childhood photos or quotes for table numbers, have a sundae bar or a signature drink for your guests. The possibilities are endless! For more fun ideas, check out our Pinterest boards.