February happens to be National Wedding Month! For brides looking to comparison shop or check off key items from the wedding planning list, here are a few helpful tips to prepare for national wedding month.
1) Buy a few bridal wedding magazines. Refer to the latest publications to create your wish board. Tear out wedding dresses, wedding venues, honeymoon destinations planners and other vendors specific to your vision. Many wedding planners use this concept to produce spectacular wedding events.
Be sure to visit online wedding magazines such ModernLuxury Brides and TheKnot to create your own Pinterest wish list board.
Check out our wedding Pinterest board here!
2) For the wedding dresses, make note of which styles, features and designer prices appeal to you the most. Maintain a list of the wedding gown prices so you can compare this information during your quest for ‘the dress.’
3) Next, evaluate the wedding destinations from your tear sheets. Visit the websites to gain an insight on amenities, menus and other details.
WEDDING VENUE COMPARISON NOTE: It’s a popular mistake to compare wedding venue day rates only. However, most wedding destinations charge an assortment of fees. From venue to venue, charges range from set up, wait staff and other minimums to compare when analyzing venues.
4) Attend one or two bridal expos. Use your research from step 1 (above) to help you price wedding dresses, vacation packages, wedding venues and visit wedding vendors comparable to your wish board.
5) Find a wedding trunk show! Trunk shows often offer a large variety of dresses at reduced prices. Click here to search for a trunk show in near you.
6) Schedule wedding tastings. February is not just National Wedding Month, but also prime-time to schedule tastings, especially after Valentine’s Day.
Learn more about weddings at The King and Prince Resort.