This summer, Gina & Brian were married at Lovely Lane Chapel and held their reception at The King and Prince Resort. The island and resort were a beautiful backdrop for their summer wedding. Peacock Photo & Video captured these beautiful images of Gina & Brian’s special day.
Posts Tagged ‘St. Simons Island Weddings’
We’ve all seen the “Just Married” signs on the back of a decorated car and we’ve all seen the bride & groom depart the reception and get into a limo to be whisked away to the airport but when you get married on St. Simons Island, there are some unique ways to depart from your wedding reception.
- Classic Cars are an excellent way to make a statement when you depart! Martin’s Wedding Transportation is a locally owned and operated. They have 4 different cars to choose from including: A 1940 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan, A 1970 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Sedan, A 1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and A 1930 Model A Ford.
- Hopping on some bikes as you leave the reception is a very eco-friendly and island-style way to depart and it is a great way to get some neat wedding photos! You can rent bikes for your big day at Ocean Motion Surf Company right at the foot of our property.
- Horse-drawn carriage or on horseback: Three Oaks Farm can make your fairy tale dreams come true! They have many wedding packages available which include arriving or departing on horseback, by horse drawn carriage or in a Cinderella carriage!
- For those who are adventurous, depart from the reception on a stand up paddlebaord courtesy of St. Simons SUP. This is the perfect combo of adventure and a great way to get some “trash the dress” photos….(if you fall off the board). It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but it’s a fun way to break away from tradition.
These are just a few of many different options that are available to our wedding couples. Contact our wedding catering managers to learn more about unique departure ideas or for information about getting married at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort!
There are endless options when it comes to where to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding experts often hear from couples after their wedding who tell us that they are so happy they chose to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. Here are our top 5 reasons to hold your wedding at a resort.
5. You Can Spend More Time With Family & Friends. Think about how busy a wedding weekend can be. Often times, family and friends have flown in from across the country to attend your special day. There is so much catching up to do…but everyone is staying at different hotels across town. But, when you hold your event at a resort, you and your guests have the option of staying at the same location, usually at a discounted rate. This means more time to spend with friends and family and more money in your pocket!
4. You’ll Avoid Hidden Catering Costs. Did you know that many catering companies charge extra for tables and chairs….and even extra fees for plates, staffing and trash removal? The per-person charge at a resort will cover all of this-and more!
3. Transportation. Remember the time that you went to your cousin’s wedding and half the guests got lost on the way to the reception? That simply does not happen when your wedding is at a resort. The reception is steps away from the ceremony location. If there is time between the ceremony and reception, your guests can go back to their room to freshen up or relax for a few minutes. Sometimes, couples will pay to transport their guests from one location to another and again, when you have your wedding at a resort, there is no need or cost for this!
2. Take The Elevator Home. When your guests are staying at the location of the reception, there is no need to worry about anyone drinking too much and driving to their hotel. It is one less thing to worry about on your big day.
1. Less Stress, More Fun. Planning a wedding is stressful and it usually stays that way right up until the wedding day. When you have your wedding at a resort, there is far less stress involved. From the moment you wake up ’til the moment your head hits the pillow that night, the resort’s wedding team is working hard to ensure that you and your guests have a great time. Hair & makeup can be done in your room, your ceremony is just a short walk from your room and the reception is just steps from the ceremony! With less stress AND saving money, you’ll be able to enjoy your weekend with your friends and family!
For more information about resort weddings, please visit our website.
The King and Prince provides a breathtaking oceanfront backdrop for magical wedding festivities. The resort’s venue spaces (which can accommodate up to 300 people), culinary creations, amenities and attentive staff are sure to make your day memorable!
These are photos of real weddings at The King and Prince. For more information on hosting your wedding at our resort, visit our website or call 912-638-3631. More wedding photos are available to view here.
(Photo by Britt Croft Photography)
(Photo by Peacock Photo & Video)
Every year, 220 million tons of waste are generated in the United States. Some eco-friendly brides want to do their small part by making sure that their wedding lessens that footprint. Here are some ways you can do your part to help the environment and still have an amazing wedding!
Wedding Invitations: Many companies now offer wedding invitations made out of recycled paper or paper with seeds. They will usually cost a little bit more but are beautiful….especially if you use seeded paper that your guests can plant so they can enjoy the flowers for years to come! Another way to save postage and some trees is to forgo the RSVP card and ask guests to RSVP via phone or email.
Flowers: Many florists use flowers that are imported or sprayed with pesticides. Do your part for the environment by using local or seasonal flowers. Instead of having large floral displays on the table, try using succulents or a small bush that guests can take home and plant after the wedding is over. They will last a lot longer than cut flowers will too!
Transportation: Is your reception being held at a different venue than your ceremony? Think about getting some motor coaches or trolleys to transport your guests to the reception. This will ensure that nobody gets lost and will help your carbon footprint.
Seating Chart: Instead of individual place cards for seating, how about using a chalk board or vintage window to display your guest’s names and their table. Both can be re-used in your home!
Wedding Favors: There are some really neat ideas when thinking about eco-friendly favors for your guests. Flower seeds, succulents or potted plants, local honey, seedlings and homemade soap are all great examples of green wedding favors that your guests will love. In addition, in leiu of favors, you could make a donation in your guest’s name to an eco-friendly charity that is close to your and your spouse (such as: The Sierra Club, The Nature Conservancy or the World Wildlife Fund).
One of the newer faces at The King and Prince, Allyson Moline has many years of wedding and event planning under her belt and brings a fresh perspective on weddings at our resort. We asked her a few questions to get her perspective on wedding planning and tips:
What makes The King and Prince & St. Simons Island a unique location for weddings? St. Simons Island has a small town charm that is hard to match and is very romantic. The King and Prince is the perfect touch of elegance and class to complement that charm. It is something that you and your guests will always remember.
What is your favorite location at the resort for a wedding? I love receptions in the Retreat Room. I think that the room has the best views on the island!
Do you have a specific spot where you recommend the bride and groom take a photo together? I love photos in front of our historic entrance.
What advice would you give to a bride in regards to planning a wedding? Book your wedding at The King and Prince! And as a general rule for event planning, always choose quality over quantity.
One tip for newlyweds from Allyson as they begin their new life together: In every argument, make a real effort to put yourself in your partner’s shoes and try to understand where they are coming from. Also, don’t be afraid to admit when you are wrong!
Wedding Catering Manager Scarlett Starr has worked at The King and Prince for 8 years. During that time, she has assisted many brides with planning their special day. We recently sat down with her for an interview about weddings at The King and Prince.
What makes The King and Prince & St. Simons Island a unique location for weddings? “The area is full of amazing history and southern charm. Whether you are a history buff or you envision your special day under the moss covered oak trees or at a historical landmark, our setting is magical and promises not to disappoint. The seclusion that is felt while being surrounded by the Atlantic ocean and coastal marshes is quaint and romantic and truly memorable.”
What is your favorite location at the resort for a wedding? “My favorite location is the resort lawn at high tide when the waves are literally breaking on the walkway just steps away from where the vows are being spoken. My favorite location for a reception is the Delegal Room which we frequently use in conjunction with the lawn. The two locations make for a perfect event!”
Do you have a specific spot where you recommend the bride and groom take a photo together? “I love the photos that are taken from the Retreat Room. The second level view is breathtaking and provides a unique vantage point for photographers when photographing the couple in front of the 180 degree view of the Atlantic Ocean.”
What advice would you give to a bride in regards to planning a wedding? “I would encourage our couples to hire vendors that they have complete confidence in, and then try their best to leave the job in the vendor’s hands. There is so much stress associated with that area of the planning process and a simple remedy is to turn it over to someone else. When you pay a vendor, you are paying for a service and not just for a product. The vendors truly do have the expertise to guide you appropriately. So, I would say to hire your vendors and then let them do their jobs. I truly believe that is one of the most important things to remember.”
One tip for newlyweds from Scarlett as they begin their new life together: “A marriage is a unit so always remember to consider your mate’s thoughts and feelings and know that compromise is a beautiful thing. As individuals who are selfish by nature, it takes work to consciously put your spouse first. If two people are putting each other first, it has to produce good things.”
Our resort has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation and brides are beyond happy with the new look! The Delegal Room the Retreat Room and the Lanier Ballroom as well as the main lobby have been completely renovated and we are ready to host your wedding. Below are some photos of our new space. If you are interested in learning more about weddings at The King and Prince, visit our website.
Planning a wedding can be very stressful but don’t let picking out colors get you down! Remember that you are planning a happy and very special occasion. Choose colors that will accent your personality and your special day.
The colors for spring 2014 balance soft pastels of purple and green with vivid shades of blue and yellow. Whether you are looking for your bridal party to wear something soft and elegant or bold and daring, there is a color for every taste! Let these colors be your guide to help make your wedding planning a bit easier.
Here are a few of our picks for dresses and decor for spring 2014:
Was today the day? Did he choose the most romantic day of the year to tell you he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you? Congratulations! So you’ve called your parents and all your friends, posted pictures on Facebook, and told pretty much everybody who’ll listen: “I’m getting married!” Now it’s time to plan. Deciding on the perfect place for your happily ever after to begin is certainly a daunting task, with which we are glad to help. We are going to let the pictures tell the story… Then, give Ruth and Scarlett a call at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort and start planning the destination beach wedding of your dreams!
From more weddings pictures at The King and Prince Resort, visit our wedding gallery!