Jennifer & Brad were married in a spring ceremony at the St. Simons Presbyterian Church and a reception followed here at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort. JD3 Photography captured their special day which has been featured on the Destination I Do blog.
Posts Tagged ‘St. Simons Island Weddings’
Planning a destination can be both fun and nerve-wracking. You are getting ready to have your wedding at your dream location but the downside is that you don’t have the luxury of having someone run to your house to pick up an item that you forgot to bring to the wedding venue. Although there can be last minute challenges that can occur during a destination wedding, remember that most weddings (no matter where they are) will have a hiccup or two. Here are our tips to help make sure your dream destination wedding goes off without a hitch!
- Hire a wedding planner. One of the best investments you can make for your wedding is to hire a planner. This is even more important when you are planning a destination wedding. If you are able to hire a planner who is local to where you are getting married, you will have their expertise at your fingertips when you have a question about a wedding venue or a vendor. This will mean less of a headache for you!
- Stay organized. When packing for your wedding, write a list of everything you plan to pack and be packed up and ready to go a few days prior to your departure. This will help alleviate the issue of forgetting to pack something.
- Ship items. Don’t try to pack ceremony items & wedding favors in your suitcase. You will drive yourself crazy. Instead, ship these items to the wedding venue (or to your wedding planner) ahead of time. That will free up space in your luggage to pack that extra pair of shoes or your favorite dress!
- Do NOT check your wedding dress. Whatever you do, do NOT check your wedding dress when you get to the airport. It may be a pain, but carry it with you. You won’t be able to forgive yourself if you check your wedding dress and the airline damages it or it gets lost for a few days.
Once you arrive at your destination, we recommend you meet with your planner, do a walk-through of the wedding location and have a menu tasting with the caterer or reception venue. Remember that you chose a destination wedding for a reason. Don’t forget to take in the local culture and scenery. Enjoy the location and relax before you say “I do”!
For more information about planning a destination wedding on St. Simons Island, visit our website.
It was the perfect day for a summer wedding. Local photographer Annaliese of Studio Pixel Pop captured the day perfectly with these beautiful photos of Mr. & Mrs. Chancey saying “I do” on the oceanfront lawn. To learn more about weddings at The King and Prince Resort, visit our website or our Pinterest page! (Click to enlarge each image.)
This summer, Gina & Brian were married at Lovely Lane Chapel and held their reception at The King and Prince Resort. The island and resort were a beautiful backdrop for their summer wedding. Peacock Photo & Video captured these beautiful images of Gina & Brian’s special day.
We’ve all seen the “Just Married” signs on the back of a decorated car and we’ve all seen the bride & groom depart the reception and get into a limo to be whisked away to the airport but when you get married on St. Simons Island, there are some unique ways to depart from your wedding reception.
- Classic Cars are an excellent way to make a statement when you depart! Martin’s Wedding Transportation is a locally owned and operated. They have 4 different cars to choose from including: A 1940 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan, A 1970 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Sedan, A 1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and A 1930 Model A Ford.
- Hopping on some bikes as you leave the reception is a very eco-friendly and island-style way to depart and it is a great way to get some neat wedding photos! You can rent bikes for your big day at Ocean Motion Surf Company right at the foot of our property.
- Horse-drawn carriage or on horseback: Three Oaks Farm can make your fairy tale dreams come true! They have many wedding packages available which include arriving or departing on horseback, by horse drawn carriage or in a Cinderella carriage!
- For those who are adventurous, depart from the reception on a stand up paddlebaord courtesy of St. Simons SUP. This is the perfect combo of adventure and a great way to get some “trash the dress” photos….(if you fall off the board). It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but it’s a fun way to break away from tradition.
These are just a few of many different options that are available to our wedding couples. Contact our wedding catering managers to learn more about unique departure ideas or for information about getting married at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort!
There are endless options when it comes to where to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding experts often hear from couples after their wedding who tell us that they are so happy they chose to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. Here are our top 5 reasons to hold your wedding at a resort.
5. You Can Spend More Time With Family & Friends. Think about how busy a wedding weekend can be. Often times, family and friends have flown in from across the country to attend your special day. There is so much catching up to do…but everyone is staying at different hotels across town. But, when you hold your event at a resort, you and your guests have the option of staying at the same location, usually at a discounted rate. This means more time to spend with friends and family and more money in your pocket!
4. You’ll Avoid Hidden Catering Costs. Did you know that many catering companies charge extra for tables and chairs….and even extra fees for plates, staffing and trash removal? The per-person charge at a resort will cover all of this-and more!
3. Transportation. Remember the time that you went to your cousin’s wedding and half the guests got lost on the way to the reception? That simply does not happen when your wedding is at a resort. The reception is steps away from the ceremony location. If there is time between the ceremony and reception, your guests can go back to their room to freshen up or relax for a few minutes. Sometimes, couples will pay to transport their guests from one location to another and again, when you have your wedding at a resort, there is no need or cost for this!
2. Take The Elevator Home. When your guests are staying at the location of the reception, there is no need to worry about anyone drinking too much and driving to their hotel. It is one less thing to worry about on your big day.
1. Less Stress, More Fun. Planning a wedding is stressful and it usually stays that way right up until the wedding day. When you have your wedding at a resort, there is far less stress involved. From the moment you wake up ’til the moment your head hits the pillow that night, the resort’s wedding team is working hard to ensure that you and your guests have a great time. Hair & makeup can be done in your room, your ceremony is just a short walk from your room and the reception is just steps from the ceremony! With less stress AND saving money, you’ll be able to enjoy your weekend with your friends and family!
For more information about resort weddings, please visit our website.
The King and Prince provides a breathtaking oceanfront backdrop for magical wedding festivities. The resort’s venue spaces (which can accommodate up to 300 people), culinary creations, amenities and attentive staff are sure to make your day memorable!
These are photos of real weddings at The King and Prince. For more information on hosting your wedding at our resort, visit our website or call 912-638-3631. More wedding photos are available to view here.
(Photo by Britt Croft Photography)
(Photo by Peacock Photo & Video)