Looking for the perfect destination wedding venue? Create a little of your own history at the King and Prince. Gorgeous blue stained glass windows frame the ocean view in the resort’s Delegal Room. The room, named for the first British fortification on the south end of the island, sets the stage for an elegant reception or welcome brunch. Each window bursts with light, depicting St. Simons scenes: St. Simons Lighthouse, the Battle of Bloody Marsh, Christ Church, the beach, the King and Prince……..Or, for a more casual spin, create a treasure hunt for guests: first one to visit each historic sight wins a prize (maybe a return trip?).
Posts Tagged ‘Destination Weddings’
Who’s done their research to make sure your wedding colors coordinate with the Pantone color wheel for your Fall 2012 destination wedding! Here they are: beautiful hues for fall. And the perfect backdrop for your colorful event? The King and Prince bathed in lovely Honey Gold set against an Olympian Blue sky with a sprinkling of Bright Chartreuse in the palms. This must be your year – here!
Plan your St. Simons Island wedding at the King and Prince Resort, and begin your own love affair with this place that will call you home time and time again. Talk to visitors and you’ll hear the mantra, steady as the sea breezes playing on the coast: ”I’ve been coming here for years,” “My parents honeymooned here and now it’s my turn,” “We came as wedding guests and stayed on for the rest of the week…”
If this beach in Georgia sounds just peachy to you, come back here for a visit as we explore the history and charm not only of the resort, but also of its surroundings, cuisine, local characters, outdoor activities, and of course, shopping opportunities.
Warmest regards – Nancy
I found this great article and photos on a news site this morning and thought I would share;
This Morning I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to the beach in front of the King and Prince Beach Resort. It was very cloudy and drizzling a little, while I was watching the lighting off in the distance. As the drizzle stopped, with breaks in the clouds the light got real nice for taking pictures of the day dawning and people gathering on the beach to start their day. I have been coming to the beach on St Simons for the last 3 months now, and have found everyone to be very enjoyable to speak with. One of the things I have noticed is there is a large piece of drift wood on the beach where people leave memories of loved ones who have passed on from this life. In February it was covered in hearts & cards. In March it was adorned for Easter remembrances. Now in mid April the memorial is covered in blessings for loved ones with flags, peace signs, sand dollars with poems & blessings. Their were several folks gathered this morning, placing remembrances of their loved ones upon the memorial. It was a very special moment in which to start such a beautiful day, to remember those gone and the great blessings bestowed upon us.
Nothing says “beach” like flip flops, so why not let your guests get comfy and slip on a pair? Baskets of flip flops around the dance floor is fun and unexpected! Then, send them home with some fun and funky flip flop favors so they will remember that awesome wedding by the sea!
Since you won’t be able to greet all your guests personally upon arrival, a welcome bag (or peach basket on St. Simons Island, GEORGIA) is a great way to touch base with them right away. Here are a few suggestions on what to include.
(1) A Welcome Letter. Tell your guests how happy you are that they’ve made the trip with a short and sweet note. For simplicity’s sake, use your computer to type and print the letters, but sign each on in ink for a personal touch.
(2) A Detailed Schedule. List all of the weekend’s events, including any optional ones. Be sure to mention any extra costs for activities such as tours, lessons, sports activities, and so on.
(3) Key Contact Information. Tell your guests how to reach the people you’ve designated as go-to contacts. Don’t include your contact info — most people won’t feel comfortable bothering you, and you’ll have enough on your mind already.
(4) Map of the Area. The resort and the island have a lot to offer. Make sure your guests make the most of their trip.
(5) Info on Local Transportation. The trolley schedule and the phone numbers of local taxi companies will help your guests get around when they’re on their own.
(6) List of Local Restaurants. Include restaurant descriptions, locations, phone numbers, and price info along with a selection of menus from places that deliver.
(7) Local Entertainment Guide. Pick up the latest copy of Elegant Island Living and High Tide Guide for guests to be in the know.
(8) Thematic Snacks. A taste of locally made food and drink will introduce your guests to the destination’s delicacies and help them avoid raiding the minibar. Try to include both savory and sweet things to satisfy different cravings. And since your guests are on vacation too, it’s nice to greet them with a celebratory drink — a bottle of wine or a beautifully labeled bottle of lemonade.
(9) Destination Essentials. Anticipate little things your guests will appreciate having at the King and Prince: sunscreen and a pair of flip-flops or a visor at the beach; a sweet-smelling bug repellent for the golf course; a token to pay putt-putt down at The Pier. And no matter where you are, disposable cameras and bottled water are always welcome.
Courtesy of The Knot
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort has earned a reputation as the setting for a magical and memorable wedding day. The oceanfront location makes for a perfect destination wedding and the exceptional staff and amenities provide the worry free extravagant event that every bride deserves. The beautiful St. Simons Island scenery combined with a gourmet menu is just the beginning of the most desirable wedding event.
If a ballroom with floor to ceiling drapes and gorgeous chandeliers is in your wedding plans, the Lanier Ballroom provides an enchanting location for you and your guests. Holding up to 300 friends and family members, the ballroom is an exquisite venue for the perfect wedding you desire.
If you plan on being indoors, outdoors, or both on your wedding day, The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort is the most luxurious place to be on the most special day of your life. For more information on spending your wedding day with The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, please visit http://www.kingandprince.com/weddings.php.