This summer, Gina & Brian were married at Lovely Lane Chapel and held their reception at The King and Prince Resort. The island and resort were a beautiful backdrop for their summer wedding. Peacock Photo & Video captured these beautiful images of Gina & Brian’s special day.
Archive for the ‘Weddings’ Category
We all know the saying…. “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” but what about adding more than blue? A new trend in weddings is to add a bit of color with your shoes! The colors and combinations are endless. From vintage heels to colored sneakers, there are more possibilities than you’ll know what to do with!
You can be the star of the show:
Or let the bridal party get in on the fun too:
Be extra adventurous and have the groom & groomsmen get in on the fun as well!
We’ve all seen the “Just Married” signs on the back of a decorated car and we’ve all seen the bride & groom depart the reception and get into a limo to be whisked away to the airport but when you get married on St. Simons Island, there are some unique ways to depart from your wedding reception.
- Classic Cars are an excellent way to make a statement when you depart! Martin’s Wedding Transportation is a locally owned and operated. They have 4 different cars to choose from including: A 1940 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan, A 1970 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Sedan, A 1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and A 1930 Model A Ford.
- Hopping on some bikes as you leave the reception is a very eco-friendly and island-style way to depart and it is a great way to get some neat wedding photos! You can rent bikes for your big day at Ocean Motion Surf Company right at the foot of our property.
- Horse-drawn carriage or on horseback: Three Oaks Farm can make your fairy tale dreams come true! They have many wedding packages available which include arriving or departing on horseback, by horse drawn carriage or in a Cinderella carriage!
- For those who are adventurous, depart from the reception on a stand up paddlebaord courtesy of St. Simons SUP. This is the perfect combo of adventure and a great way to get some “trash the dress” photos….(if you fall off the board). It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but it’s a fun way to break away from tradition.
These are just a few of many different options that are available to our wedding couples. Contact our wedding catering managers to learn more about unique departure ideas or for information about getting married at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort!
Cocktail hour can make a great first impression for your wedding guests and it is a great way to get the party started. There are many good ideas when it comes to cocktail hours. Here are some of our top picks for how to start your wedding reception off on the right foot!
Signature Wedding Cocktails: These have become quite popular over the past few years. Meet with the bartender at your wedding venue and ask them to come up with a few signature drinks for you or, if there are some unique drinks that you have in mind, let them know! Some of our favorites are: Strawberry Bourbon Lemonade, The Lavender Collins and The Champagne Grapefruit Mojito.
Food Bars: A relatively new trend in receptions are food bars. They allow your guests to customize the food to their specific tastes in a fun, new way! We’ve seen many different types of food bars including: baked potato bars, taco bars, mashed potato bars, popcorn bars and mini-burger bars….don’t forget the bacon!
Lighter Fare: Salad in a cup, Crudite cups or platters, fresh fruit kabobs, sushi, mini shrimp cocktail and caprese salad are just a few ideas of food that can provide guests with lighter, but still delicious options during the cocktail hour.
The chefs at our resort would be happy to create a custom menu for your wedding. Visit our website for more information or to contact us!
What better way to celebrate your sweet day than with a scrumptious dessert or candy bar for your wedding guests? Over the past few years, dessert and candy bars have become a popular way to add some sweet fun to wedding receptions!
Candy Bars with Color Themes: Add some color to the reception by creating a candy bar that incorporates your wedding colors into the candy! The type of candy you can use is endless. M&Ms, lollipops, gummy bears, cotton candy, yogurt covered pretzels, rock candy and Hershey’s Kisses…(just to name a few!)
Themed Dessert Bars: What could be better than eating the ultimate s’more after an evening of fun and dancing? The only limit on a dessert bar is your own imagination! Here are a few suggestions from our wedding experts: S’mores bar, milk & cookies bar, ice cream bar or a popcorn bar.
Deciding on colors or a theme for your wedding can be tough. There are so many combinations, options and ideas out there that it can be hard to decide what to use. Here are our picks for ways to incorporate burlap and lace into your wedding day for a shabby chic, rustic wedding!
Invitations- The options are endless if you are considering burlap and lace wedding invites. Etsy has beautiful invites that will give your invitations and RSVP cards a personal touch.
Flowers- Whether it is the bouquet or decorative accents, there are many ways to incorporate the burlap & lace theme into your flowers.
Options include: wrapping the flowers in burlap and lace for your walk down the aisle, incorporating burlap flowers into your bouquet or his boutonniere and wrapping vases or mason jars with it for table centerpieces.
The Reception- The possibilities are endless when decorating for the reception. You can use burlap and lace for table numbers, runners, place settings, wrapped around candles, even for pom-poms and signs!
There are endless options when it comes to where to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding experts often hear from couples after their wedding who tell us that they are so happy they chose to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. Here are our top 5 reasons to hold your wedding at a resort.
5. You Can Spend More Time With Family & Friends. Think about how busy a wedding weekend can be. Often times, family and friends have flown in from across the country to attend your special day. There is so much catching up to do…but everyone is staying at different hotels across town. But, when you hold your event at a resort, you and your guests have the option of staying at the same location, usually at a discounted rate. This means more time to spend with friends and family and more money in your pocket!
4. You’ll Avoid Hidden Catering Costs. Did you know that many catering companies charge extra for tables and chairs….and even extra fees for plates, staffing and trash removal? The per-person charge at a resort will cover all of this-and more!
3. Transportation. Remember the time that you went to your cousin’s wedding and half the guests got lost on the way to the reception? That simply does not happen when your wedding is at a resort. The reception is steps away from the ceremony location. If there is time between the ceremony and reception, your guests can go back to their room to freshen up or relax for a few minutes. Sometimes, couples will pay to transport their guests from one location to another and again, when you have your wedding at a resort, there is no need or cost for this!
2. Take The Elevator Home. When your guests are staying at the location of the reception, there is no need to worry about anyone drinking too much and driving to their hotel. It is one less thing to worry about on your big day.
1. Less Stress, More Fun. Planning a wedding is stressful and it usually stays that way right up until the wedding day. When you have your wedding at a resort, there is far less stress involved. From the moment you wake up ’til the moment your head hits the pillow that night, the resort’s wedding team is working hard to ensure that you and your guests have a great time. Hair & makeup can be done in your room, your ceremony is just a short walk from your room and the reception is just steps from the ceremony! With less stress AND saving money, you’ll be able to enjoy your weekend with your friends and family!
For more information about resort weddings, please visit our website.
In today’s society, dogs have become part of the family. So, it makes perfect sense for many pet owners to include their dog in their nuptials and the celebration. Here are some tips from our wedding experts on how to include your dog for your big day!
Engagement Photos & Save The Dates:
The Ceremony: Include your dog by having them walk down the aisle or sitting next to you during the ceremony!
The Reception: Pet-themed table numbers and cake toppers are just a few ways you can tastefully include your dog in your big day
Thank You Cards: Have your wedding photographer take photos of you with your dog at the wedding to use for your thank you cards.
The King and Prince provides a breathtaking oceanfront backdrop for magical wedding festivities. The resort’s venue spaces (which can accommodate up to 300 people), culinary creations, amenities and attentive staff are sure to make your day memorable!
These are photos of real weddings at The King and Prince. For more information on hosting your wedding at our resort, visit our website or call 912-638-3631. More wedding photos are available to view here.
(Photo by Britt Croft Photography)
(Photo by Peacock Photo & Video)