Meeting planners and event venues are always looking to please their attendees. Our catering department has done some research to bring you the top 5 catering trends of 2015.
1. Vegetarian Dishes- Studies show that many Americans are now eating at least one meatless meal a week. Many of us also now enjoy a vegetarian meal from time to time just “because.” Diners are also starting to ask for more vegetarian options. As a rule of thumb, you should offer a vegetarian menu option during your event.
2. Tapas- Instead of a full buffet or plated dinner, the new trend is bite-sized appetizers and small plates of entrees. This enables the attendees to taste a variety of delicious foods while mingling with other attendees and networking.
3. Local Ingredients- Chefs will continue to source as much of their menu locally as they can. This translates into dishes with a fresh twist and more seasonal menus based on what is available locally during your event.
4. Retro Cocktails & Craft Beers- Bartenders are doing a throwback to the past with fun, retro drinks like the Manhattan and the Gimlet. Craft breweries are popping up all over the country and those who enjoy beer are taking notice. Adding retro cocktails and craft beer to your meeting mixer will surely make your attendees happy to be there!
5. Healthy Menu Options- These days it seems like almost everyone is on one diet or another or is watching what they eat. The surefire way to please everyone is to add some healthy items to your banquet menu. Many event venues including The King and Prince are now offering delicious, healthy options to their guests.