The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort has earned the “Best of the South” Award from Meetings Focus. This is awarded to properties who earn top honors in the quality of service, rates, rooms and amenities at their properties for meetings and conventions. We are honored to have earned this award for 2014! For more information about meetings at our resort, visit our website.
Archive for the ‘Meetings and Events’ Category
The King and Prince prides itself in being a premier destination for meetings and conventions, no matter how large or small. We have received many awards and accolades over the years for our location, attention to detail, amenities, meeting space and activities. There are many benefits to hosting your company retreat, meeting or convention at our resort, but here are the top 5.
Personal Attention to Detail: From the first time you speak with us until well after your group has departed, our sales team will be with you every step of the way. We pride ourselves in giving each and every group the personalized attention that they deserve. Our sales managers, catering managers and conference services team are always available to answer any questions that you may have.
Accommodations: Budget can play a large role when you are planning a meeting. At The King and Prince, the diversity of our accommodations works to your advantage. We offer everything from standard hotel rooms with a view of the resort to oceanfront villas and even several homes on our property! The diversity of our accommodations makes staying at our resort more affordable for your attendees.
First Class Amenities: Perfect for company outings or free time, attendees will find 5 outdoor pools, tennis and the beach just steps away from the meeting location! The resort also has The Royal Treatment Cottage for massage therapies on the property and an award-winning golf course just a short drive away.
Business Services: All guests at the resort have access to the business center and complimentary WiFi. Copy and fax services are also available at the front desk and iron/ironing boards, coffee makers, work desks and in-room dining menus are in every room in the resort. Laundry services are also available for our guests.
Location: Our beautiful oceanfront location will ensure that guests are able to get the most out of the meeting but are also able to enjoy their free time! Along with the beach access from our resort, we are a little over an hour from both the Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA airports and a short drive from I-95. This makes us easily accessible to everyone!
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is only 5 months away. With the holidays comes the stress of planning not only family functions but also parties for your company or business. Let our experts help you plan a fun-filled holiday party at our beautiful oceanfront resort!
December holiday parties at The King and Prince have become a tradition for many businesses who call the Georgia coast home. The entire resort is festively decorated complete with a large centerpiece Christmas tree decorated in the hotel’s main lobby. Our catering managers can help you create a specific menu for your private party or you can join in on the fun of a combined holiday party with a set menu and several different local businesses in attendance. Whatever you choose, your employees are sure to have an evening of fun! Our holiday parties have great food, good music and hours of fun for everyone.
The great part about hosting your party at our resort is that it gives your guests the opportunity to take the elevator home that night. Often times, we have discounted room rates available specifically for party attendees.
For more information on holiday parties, visit our website or give our catering office a call at: 912.268.5000.
Our tranquil oceanfront location makes us a great option for your church or religious retreat. Over the years, our historic resort has hosted a multitude of events including couples retreats, church events, family weekends, pastors weekends, marriage retreats and much more! We are equipped for small board room style meetings up to large conferences and events for up to 300 people. Here are some facts about our facilities:
- Take your retreat outside with an oceanfront lawn reception or worship service.
- We have room for all attendees to stay on our property with 194 rooms ranging in size, price and view.
- Our sales team and concierge can arrange child care for groups that want to hold an event just for the adults during the retreat.
- On-site amenities include: 4 outdoor pools, tennis, beach access and massage therapies.
We can also arrange for your to take your retreat off-site for some relaxation and fun!
Presenting at a conference or meeting can be stressful. Here are some tips to help make your next meeting more productive and stress- free!
Practice, practice, practice- There is nothing worse than an unprepared or unorganized presenter! Don’t let all of your time and energy be in vain. Practice what you are going to say before hand. Make sure you speak clearly, are able to get all of your points across and that you finish up in the time allotted to you.
Keep it short- Make sure your presentation is no more than 20-30 minutes long. If you speak for longer than that, you run the risk of losing the group’s focus. If you have more to say, you can break your presentation into two sessions. Give them a small break in between to get up, stretch and grab something to drink. A well planned presentation should not last longer than 20-30 minutes.
Incorporate multimedia- Change up the “usual” presentation. Add a short video that is relevant to what you are speaking about. YouTube has an endless supply of these. If you are using PowerPoint, add some photos!
Encourage participation- Although this may not work for all meetings, sometimes it is good to ask for participation from the attendees. You could start off your presentation with a question and ask them to answer it. Or, at the end, you could ask if anyone has anything to add or any questions that you could answer.
Recap your key points- Doing a recap of your key points or ideas is a good way to wrap up a presentation. It re-focuses the group and emphasizes your key points. It is a simple way to bring your presentation to a close while giving relevant information.
St. Simons Island is a golfer’s paradise with over 200 holes of golf to be played in the area. Add to that sunny weather, sea breezes, great fishing, shopping and dining and you’ve got the perfect spot for your next golf group getaway! Choose Your Accommodations. Our resort is able to accommodate any golf group, no matter how large or small. We have a 3 bedroom townhome located on our golf course for groups of 6 as well as the 5 bedroom Hampton House located at the resort for up to 10 couples. If you are looking for more room, our sales managers can set aside a block of rooms and villas so your guests can choose where they would like to stay. Ready, Set, Golf! The King and Prince Golf Course is a short 20 minute drive from the resort property and is available for resort guests and the public to play. Course manager Rick Mattox is able to set up a day of golf for you and your friends, PGA Pro instruction or even a friendly tournament! There’s no need to rush back to the resort for lunch, as the course has a restaurant for your convenience. Explore The Island. Enjoy your time off the course by exploring St. Simons Island. Let the men try their hand at salt water fishing while the women shop at the many stores and boutiques located on the island. Book your golf group today! Give our sales office a call at 912-638-3631 for more information.
Family reunions are a great way to explore a new place with the ones you love! Here is why St. Simons Island and The Golden Isles is the perfect place to hold your family reunion.
1. Good weather, year round. With mild temperatures and sunny days, you will find that the weather is generally good all year long! This means you’ll have more time to get outside, hit the beach, explore the island, play golf, relax by the pool or go shopping!
2. Activities Galore. The good weather leads us to the 2nd reason you should consider hosting your family reunion at The King and Prince. The island is loaded with activities everyone will enjoy! The resort offers 5 outdoor pools and beach access as well as children’s activities during the summer. We have a golf course at the north end of the island, tennis on site, and we are close by to many more fun activities. You can rent bikes at Ocean Motion Surf Co. and plan a scavenger hunt, play mini-golf or shop ’til you drop in the village. Looking for something extra special? Hop on board Credle’s Adventures Shrimp Boat for a 2 hour cruise through calm waters.
3. Miles of Beaches. St. Simons Island is known for its beautiful, clean, sandy beaches which is the perfect place for a day of fun in the sun with your family. Let our culinary team pack picnic lunches for your family so the only thing you have to worry about is applying your sunscreen!
4. Private Dining at Our Resort. Celebrate your family with a special evening of food, fun and dancing! We have several dining facilities to choose from including the Delegal dining room, the Lanier Ballroom, The Solarium or an outdoor event on the oceanfront lawn. Our menu options are endless and if there is something that you would like that isn’t on the menu, our chef would be happy to work with you!
5. Accommodations for Everyone. Our resort has many options to choose from when looking for the perfect accommodation for you and your family. From standard rooms all the way to five-bedroom houses and everything in between, we’ve got you covered. Our hotel rooms will hold 1-4 people and our beach villas will accommodate up to 6. All villas and homes have fully stocked kitchens, living rooms, washers and dryers. What more could you need? Take a look at our accommodations page to see all of the options!
Let’s just say it. Meetings can be boring. Most of us have sat through a day or two of 9-5 meetings that lose our interest and make it hard to concentrate or retain the information we are there to learn. But who said that meetings had to be this way? Why not spice it up or better yet-get out of the boardroom for a bit! Here are some ways to increase attendee participation, retention of information and, have some FUN!
- Team Building Activities: Create a scavenger hunt around town or around the resort. If you are planning a destination meeting or convention, this is a great way for participants to tour the area and connect with other participants at the same time. No time for a scavenger hunt? Save a little time for a fun game during the day. Our favorite is “Minute to Win It”.
- Sample The Local Cuisine: For small meetings, we recommend that you go off property once for lunch or dinner. Ask the resort’s sales team or concierge to give you some recommendations on area restaurants. Our recommendations for St. Simons Island are Crabdaddys, Delaney’s Bistro and Southern Soul Barbeque.
- Hit The Golf Course: Spend the morning at the local golf course (or, if you are at The King and Prince, head out to The King and Prince Golf Course). Create a little competition and have a tournament. If you don’t have time for a full 18 holes, cut it down to 9. Either way, the fresh air will do you good.
- Get In Touch With Your Inner Chef: Spice things up for your attendees with a cooking demonstration from a local chef. It might get their creative juices flowing and the best part? You get to taste the finished product.
- Create Some Friendly Competition: Put together a game of softball or volleyball. Give the winners a trophy and bragging rights for a year! Next year, they can fight to keep the title. It will give everyone something to look forward to for next year and a little friendly competition is good.