There are endless options when it comes to where to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. Our wedding experts often hear from couples after their wedding who tell us that they are so happy they chose to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. Here are our top 5 reasons to hold your wedding at a resort.
5. You Can Spend More Time With Family & Friends. Think about how busy a wedding weekend can be. Often times, family and friends have flown in from across the country to attend your special day. There is so much catching up to do…but everyone is staying at different hotels across town. But, when you hold your event at a resort, you and your guests have the option of staying at the same location, usually at a discounted rate. This means more time to spend with friends and family and more money in your pocket!
4. You’ll Avoid Hidden Catering Costs. Did you know that many catering companies charge extra for tables and chairs….and even extra fees for plates, staffing and trash removal? The per-person charge at a resort will cover all of this-and more!
3. Transportation. Remember the time that you went to your cousin’s wedding and half the guests got lost on the way to the reception? That simply does not happen when your wedding is at a resort. The reception is steps away from the ceremony location. If there is time between the ceremony and reception, your guests can go back to their room to freshen up or relax for a few minutes. Sometimes, couples will pay to transport their guests from one location to another and again, when you have your wedding at a resort, there is no need or cost for this!
2. Take The Elevator Home. When your guests are staying at the location of the reception, there is no need to worry about anyone drinking too much and driving to their hotel. It is one less thing to worry about on your big day.
1. Less Stress, More Fun. Planning a wedding is stressful and it usually stays that way right up until the wedding day. When you have your wedding at a resort, there is far less stress involved. From the moment you wake up ’til the moment your head hits the pillow that night, the resort’s wedding team is working hard to ensure that you and your guests have a great time. Hair & makeup can be done in your room, your ceremony is just a short walk from your room and the reception is just steps from the ceremony! With less stress AND saving money, you’ll be able to enjoy your weekend with your friends and family!
For more information about resort weddings, please visit our website.