Planning a wedding can be stressful. Here are some important questions to ask when choosing a venue for your reception.
- How many people can the venue accommodate?
- Can you have the ceremony and reception at the same venue? What is the distance between the ceremony and reception if it is at the same venue? Is there an additional fee (or a discount) to have the ceremony and reception at the same place?
- Is the site accessible for all of my guests?
- If I reserve the event space, how much time will the space be reserved for?
- How much time will I have to decorate? (Make sure the venue allows for outside decorations to be brought in to use.)
- What time can my vendors arrive to set up?
- Can I bring a cake from an outside vendor?
- If the reception will be running late, is there a noise ordinance in the town?
Remember that this is YOUR special day! Ask all the questions that you feel you need to ask to ensure that everything is perfect for your wedding. Also keep in mind that no matter now much planning you do, there likely will be some issues that arise at some point during the day.