Any time of the year is a good time to visit our island paradise but here are our top 5 reasons why St. Simons Island should be on your list this winter.
5. Quiet Beaches. Wintertime gives islanders and visitors alike the chance to enjoy our pristine beaches without the crowds of the summer. Whether you are going for a morning walk or reading a book, you may find that while there are others on the beach, it is peaceful and calm. St. Simons Island was also named one of America’s 10 Best Winter Beach Retreats by Yahoo Travel.
4. Coastal Beauty. Although we are partial to St. Simons, it is by far one of the most special and beautiful places in the U.S.. It is easy to get lost in the beauty of the Golden Isles. From the salt marshes to the maritime forests, pristine beaches, as well as splendid sunrises and sunsets. Nothing compares to the beauty that is all around you-and in the heart of the people on St. Simons Island. When you visit, be sure to take time to learn about the history of the island by visiting the Lighthouse or taking a tour of Fort Frederica. If you are up for an adventure, take a guided kayak tour with Southeast Adventure Outfitters.
3. Moderate Temperatures. While lows can get into the 40′s, temperatures normally range from the 60′s to 80′s during the winter months in the Golden Isles. While it does rain, skies stay mostly clear and sunny which is great for golfers and those who like to walk on the beach. Who doesn’t love a nice, sunny day? There are plenty of days filled with sunshine on St. Simons Island.
2. Great Prices. If you are looking for a great deal on a hotel room, house or condo, prices will usually be lower during the winter. Nightly, weekly and even monthly rates are often more affordable. Whether you are a family looking for a fun getaway, a couple looking for a romantic weekend away or snowbirds staying for a few weeks or months, you will find lower rates a great way to save some money while having a fantastic trip.
1. Golf. With over 200 holes of golf to be played on St. Simons Island and the surrounding areas, the Golden Isles are a golfers paradise! The King and Prince Golf Course on the north end of St. Simons offers some of the best golf around and they often have specials available for resort guests as well as visitors.