Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the one you love by treating them to a tempting four course meal at ECHO. Dine in our romantic dining room just steps from the ocean and then take a romantic walk by the ocean to end your evening. Reservations are recommended. Please call 912-267-5967 or, for more information visit our website. Or, surprise your sweetheart with a romantic weekend away at our beach resort!
Planning a destination can be both fun and nerve-wracking. You are getting ready to have your wedding at your dream location but the downside is that you don’t have the luxury of having someone run to your house to pick up an item that you forgot to bring to the wedding venue. Although there can be last minute challenges that can occur during a destination wedding, remember that most weddings (no matter where they are) will have a hiccup or two. Here are our tips to help make sure your dream destination wedding goes off without a hitch!
- Hire a wedding planner. One of the best investments you can make for your wedding is to hire a planner. This is even more important when you are planning a destination wedding. If you are able to hire a planner who is local to where you are getting married, you will have their expertise at your fingertips when you have a question about a wedding venue or a vendor. This will mean less of a headache for you!
- Stay organized. When packing for your wedding, write a list of everything you plan to pack and be packed up and ready to go a few days prior to your departure. This will help alleviate the issue of forgetting to pack something.
- Ship items. Don’t try to pack ceremony items & wedding favors in your suitcase. You will drive yourself crazy. Instead, ship these items to the wedding venue (or to your wedding planner) ahead of time. That will free up space in your luggage to pack that extra pair of shoes or your favorite dress!
- Do NOT check your wedding dress. Whatever you do, do NOT check your wedding dress when you get to the airport. It may be a pain, but carry it with you. You won’t be able to forgive yourself if you check your wedding dress and the airline damages it or it gets lost for a few days.
Once you arrive at your destination, we recommend you meet with your planner, do a walk-through of the wedding location and have a menu tasting with the caterer or reception venue. Remember that you chose a destination wedding for a reason. Don’t forget to take in the local culture and scenery. Enjoy the location and relax before you say “I do”!
For more information about planning a destination wedding on St. Simons Island, visit our website.
Stop by ECHO this winter for live music, good food and fine drinks that are sure to lift your spirits and warm you up! Dine in the restaurant or at the bar and then take a seat by the fire while you listen to some of the area’s best musicians. Here is the lineup through January:
January 17th- Defunk
January 23rd- Backbeat Boulevard
January 24th- Don Berg
January 30th- Georgia Midlife Crisis
January 31st- Pier Pressure
Meeting and event planners are always looking for fun ways to spice up their events. Themed banquets, fun team building activities and group outings are all great ways to add some extra excitement to group events but the new trend is adding a photo booth to your event! Many photo booths come complete with fun props to take hilarious photos that attendees will be able to laugh about and keep for years to come.
Local Golden Isles photographer, Studio Pixel Pop is the expert when it comes to photo booths for group events. Photo booths can be set up for corporate events, holiday parties, church groups, group meetings and even weddings! For more information about booking a photo booth for your next event, visit Studio Pixel Pop online. To learn more about group events on St. Simons Island, visit our website.
The Royal Treatment Cottage is located on the property of The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort and is just steps from the Atlantic Ocean. This quaint cottage offers a variety of massage therapies including: Swedish, Therapeutic, Aromatherapy, Reflexology & Couples Side by Side massage.
Our team of licensed massage therapists are more than just highly talented at their craft. They each possess a sense of intuition and understanding that meld their individual healing styles and techniques with each guest’s own needs, both physical and emotional. The result is a soothing massage therapy experience that is uniquely enriching, personal, and rewarding.
The King and Prince prides itself on using Georgia-made products whenever possible. The Royal Treatment Cottage merchandise available for sale includes Salacia Salts bath and body products, and Southern Soy Candles, both of which are produced in Georgia.
For reservations, information or other questions about treatments and services, please call The Royal Treatment Cottage at 912.638.3631 or, visit them on Facebook!
It was the perfect day for a summer wedding. Local photographer Annaliese of Studio Pixel Pop captured the day perfectly with these beautiful photos of Mr. & Mrs. Chancey saying “I do” on the oceanfront lawn. To learn more about weddings at The King and Prince Resort, visit our website or our Pinterest page! (Click to enlarge each image.)
It’s hard to believe that 2015 is right around the corner. Since it is the holiday season and we know that many engagements happen this time of the year, we thought we would close 2014 and start 2015 with some wisdom from our wedding experts.
5. Set a budget: There are so many important aspects to planning a wedding but if you do not set a budget, you really cannot plan accordingly and can get yourself into sticky situations as far as your finances are concerned. One of the first decisions you should make about your wedding is your budget. After that big decision is made, you can really start planning for your wedding.
4. It is never too early to shop for bridal gowns: It can take brides several months to find the perfect dress for their big day. Add to that the time (and a lot of it) that it takes for alterations, and you’ll understand why we recommend starting to look for a dress sooner rather than later. There is nothing worse than rushing to make a huge decision. Go early, bring a few friends or family members with you and have fun! We recommend starting to look at least 9 months in advance.
3. Hire a planner: If you have money in the budget, we suggest hiring a planner for your big day. They will take care of a lot of last minute details that can stress out a bride. They will make sure that your day is perfect in every way possible and you won’t have to worry about the caterer showing up late or fielding phone calls about electrical outlets.
2. Consider getting married at a resort: Your wedding day can be hectic. Out of town guests usually stay at a hotel, your wedding ceremony is at one place, the reception is at another….it adds up to a lot of extra time spent driving for you and your guests. When you have your wedding at a resort, you are just steps away from the ceremony and reception. You don’t have to worry about your guests getting lost or drinking and driving and you have one point of contact for everything. Read more about resort weddings here.
1. Add some of your personality to the day: We’ve all been to weddings and we know how amazing they can be and also how bland some can be. Don’t have a bland wedding! There are so many ways you can add personality to the day! If you have a dog, incorporate them into the ceremony. Write your own vows, use childhood photos or quotes for table numbers, have a sundae bar or a signature drink for your guests. The possibilities are endless! For more fun ideas, check out our Pinterest boards.
‘Tis the season for holiday cheer at The King and Prince! We have several decorated Christmas trees across the resort as well as many other holiday wreaths and decorations for our guests to enjoy. To help our guests get into the holiday spirit, we also offer several programs including cooking demonstrations and a holiday cookie demo! Please visit our website for more information.
It is the goal of the management and staff at The King and Prince to make sure that every guest has a wonderful stay with us. Many of our guests stay with us for meetings and conventions and are able to enjoy the amenities the resort offers while they are here on business.
Here is what some of our group meeting contacts have said recently about their meetings at The King and Prince:
“Most attendees at our convention loved the King and Prince and said that the food at ECHO was very good. They were also happy with their rooms.” -A.O.
“We love the new decor!” -A. R.
“Thank you for everything. We loved The Lady Jane!” -M.W.
Recent meeting awards include Convention South magazine Readers’ Choice Award, the Pinnacle Award from Successful Meetings magazine, Meeting South’s Best of the South Award and Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Award. Contact us today to find out how we can help you host a productive and memorable meeting on St. Simons Island, Georgia!